Saturday 24 March 2012

Merci Beaucoup


"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned he first lesson in life who does not everyday surmount a fear." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Self-will so ardent and active that it will break a world to pieces to make a stool to sit on. "
~
Unknown


There is never a better time than now to offer a little vote of thanks to those who have helped you reach where you are today.
After all, everyday you grow, you learn, you achieve; and you do that with help of the people who come into your life.

So here is my vote of thanks for the people who thought
I was incapable,
I did not have it in me,
I was undeserving,
I was not intelligent,
I lacked creativity,
I was devoid of talent.

Not to forget those who were mean to me,
Who spoke behind my back,
Who criticised my methods,
Who misunderstood me,
Who judged me without knowing  me,
Who created hurdles in my path,
Who tried to isolate me,
And those who eventually parted ways, leaving me in the lurch.

I thank you all, sincerely.
For it is because of you and your deeds that I have come to value those who love me more than ever. 
I give my best to everything that I do. 
Every goal that I set is more challenging than the previous.
I have befriended excellence and perfection.
I have successfully polished my capabilities beyond what you can imagine.
I am my own teacher, and have honed my talents adroitly.
My creativity lives and grows with me, and we see a new dawn, a new opportunity, a new avenue everyday.
I spend more time with myself, and am a better person.
Being alone never daunts me. I am my best companion.

With a will power so indomitable, that the mightiest of storms will retrace,
Self confidence so fortified that I can take on the world single-handedly,
A mind so open, that imbibes something valuable every single day,
Faith so reinforced, that there is no looking back now.
I have emerged stronger.
None of this would be possible without  you. Thank you again.

Dissuade me, hate me, break me.
I will rise each time, like a phoenix rises from its own ashes. 
I will win the battle without any crutches, every single time.
And I will have a glorious story to tell at the end of the day.
~