Friday 19 October 2012

I Have Arrived

This one comes a tad too late, but better late than never. It was day zero and the most prestigious job on campus awaited its claimant. My feet flurried along with the swarm of hundreds of others that morning towards the auditorium. I had been very anxious the night before and was too on the D-day, but all through it was a strangely positive disquiet.

It was one of those amazingly 'right' days, where everything just falls in place. Carrying nothing but eerie aplomb, I gave it my best shot and left the rest to the guide who was directing the show all along. After a  few hours - that seemed like ages - of restless waiting, I finally heard what I had wanted to. I had achieved what is perhaps the most awaited milestone of a student's life. My first job. Additionally, this one came with a lot of frills. Hello Asian Paints! 

Glad and satisfied as I may be, this was made possible by a bunch of people who are in various parts of the world right now; a bunch of people who came into my life at various stages and have made a major contribution towards what makes me what I am today. I am not taking any names here, but I owe this to my family, teachers, mentors and some friends - all the people who have touched my life and  made a difference. I thank them for having faith in me, and giving me all that they did. And of course, the innumerable hand shakes and the laudations I received will always be cherished. With my confidence in myself reinstated and sang froid intact, I will now enjoy the last lap of my student life. And 26th Spetember, 2012 you are one date I am going to remember.

(the picture above, courtesy : Harshad Lunavat, batchmate at IMT-N. Brilliantly done for Sankalp and I, after we made it to AP. Thanks!)

~